Juan Federico Fischer is the Managing Partner of Andersen Tax & Legal in Uruguay, and a member of Andersen Global’s Latin American Board.
Juan Federico has over 20 years of experience in corporate legal advice, assisting multinationals and high net worth individuals investing or engaging in cross-boarder deals in Uruguay. He works with clients from the United States, Europe, Asia and Latin America, on matters such as:
- Acquisition of local companies by multinationals
- Structuring investments in agribusiness
- International tenders in privatizations and PPP structures
- Set-up of local franchise operations for global brands
- Development of commercial and residential real estate investments
Juan Federico has a Doctorate in Law from Uruguay’s Catholic University, and a Masters in Business Administration degree from Kellogg Business School (Northwestern University, USA). He’s active in the U.S., Japanese and British Chambers of Commerce in Uruguay.
He has been recognized as a leading advisor by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 and is a regular speaker at international conferences on foreign investment in Uruguay, as well as a reference for global publications, including The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times and The New York Times, who regularly interview him. Deals led by Juan Federico include:
- The sale of Uruguay’s leading beef producing company (British-owned) to one of the top global Japanese food companies.
- The project finance structuring of the first airport privatization in Uruguay.
- The negotiation and set up of major global retail brand operations.
- The negotiation, land acquisition, structuring and set up of operations for international agribusiness, timber and mining ventures.
Juan Federico is a native Spanish and English speaker (having lived in the United States for 12 years).