Payroll and Labor
Our firm provides companies of different sizes with Payroll and Labor services. The calculation of wages and social security taxes comprises:
- Calculation of staff’s wages and salaries (salaries, wages, fortnightly pays, commissions, year-end bonuses, holiday pay, severance, etc.) and of applicable social security taxes. Plus, the preparation of the corresponding payment receipts and forms.
- Calculation of Personal Income Tax (“IRPF”), withholding amounts, processing of payments and the calculation of annual adjustment of the tax.
- Preparation of forms for the registration and de-registration with FONASA, in the event of staff admissions and severances.
- Reporting at FONASA due to illnesses, at the Family Benefit Fund, etc.; communication of absences and any other labor-related document that is necessary.
- Preparation of the necessary documents for unemployment insurance, industrial accidents insurance, etc.
- Obtaining of certificates proving that the company is up to date with the payments at the Social Security Administration.
- Support at inspections carried out by the Social Security Administration.
- Sending of information to banks for the purposes of crediting salaries.
- Management of food vouchers administration.
Our firm also provides advice on the regulations issued by the Ministry of Labor:
- Obtaining and updating of all the labor documentation required to comply with current regulation.
- Continuous updating of staff movements, timetables, salaries and wages.
- Support at inspections by the Ministry of Labor.
Advice on regulation issued by the “Banco de Seguros del Estado” (State Insurance Company, which handles labor-related insurance):
- Contracting and renewing insurance on employment-related accidents or illnesses.
- Sending of updated information to the insurer, in order to have an updated policy.
- Processing accident insurance claims.
- Obtaining the certificate which proves that there are no outstanding tax liabilities with the insurer.
- Support at inspections by the insurer.
Control of employees from outsourced companies:
Whenever the company hires staff from outsourced companies, the necessary controls and support is provided, to minimize the liabilities that the outsourcing regulation establishes.
Andersen Tax & Legal is Uruguay’s member of Andersen Global, an international association of member firms comprised of legal and tax professionals worldwide.